Whenever I am feeling domestic I seem to make muffins. Lots of flavors come to mind when I think of muffins and these cinnamon muffins with a crunchy sugar cinnamon topping are family favorites.
Muffins are easy to make and don’t require too much kitchen equipment, mostly a good stand mixer and some muffin tins. The ingredients are surprisingly basic and the result is a delicious muffin. Add to that the bonus of having your house smelling like fresh baked muffins for hours.
I generally don’t use muffin cups, my non-stick muffin pans seem to work just fine. However, if you are going to be taking your treats to a different location you may want to use muffin cups, it does make it easier to transport and carry these goodies.
I originally found this recipe online and really like it. It’s very easy to make and I truly love a good muffin.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease your muffin tins or line with muffin cups.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In another bowl, beat together the milk, vegetable oil, and eggs. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients. Stir just until combined – don’t over mix. Set your stand mixer on medium low and just mix until all of the ingredients are moist.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine the 2 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the tops of the batter filled cups.
- Bake the muffins until a toothpick instead in the center comes out clean, 13-15 minutes.
You should end up with about 16 muffins.